Wednesday, February 2, 2011

S'no Picnic!

We are getting hammered with winter weather in New England.  We're on our second snow day in a row today, with a bunch of ice out there.  Not the kind of stuff I like to tangle with.  This weather is doing a double whammy on my diet, uh I mean "new lifestyle."

First, I'm having a hard time getting to the gym to workout.  For about half the week, for the last several weeks, it's either too snowy to drive there or they don't have the babysitting room open because school has been delayed or cancelled.  I can't even get out there to do a good shovelling workout because of my children...though I have snuck out there once or twice for a few minutes.

Second, my two boys want to snack all day long.  How do you not snack when you have to prep snacks and watch them eat?  How do you smell peanut butter and not eat a spoonful?  How do you make a grilled cheese sandwich and not eat one....or at least the crusts that get left behind?  (I know it's a terrible habit to eat off the kids' plates, but I actually love the crusts of grilled cheese sandwiches.  And they don't.)  My older son loves to make a "picnic" in the living room.  Yesterday I ate a salad.  He actually asked me to eat "something better" at today's picnic.  We had a chat about that one.

And of course there's only so many calories you can burn on a Wii.  Especially when you have to be the role model for taking turns with a four-year-old and a two-year-old.  Then there's the girls' night out I had the other day.  I had to.  And it was a month since the last time I went out, so it was well-deserved, if not absolutely necessary.  This is definately a struggle, but I'm fighting for weight loss everyday...except the day off I took the other day.  I try to remind myself of my committment to getting healthier.  For me.  And it will be spring someday!

No comments:

Post a Comment