Sunday, January 23, 2011

"Thin" Food: You Are What You Eat (I Hope!)

I've been really taking the time to read food labels in the grocery store.  Because I'm actually counting calories, I want to really compare total calories, but also consider the overall quality of the food, like trans fat, fiber, cholesterol, sodium, etc.  It's very time consuming, but I've found a few gems.  If I ever figure out how to add pages to my blog, maybe I'll add a page listing some of my faves.  And if I really get my act together, I'll ask the companies that make those products to pay me for advertising. 

But here's the trend I notice:  many of the foods I love are sold in "thin" versions which, of course, are much lower in calories.  There's bagel thins, sandwich thins, pretzel thins and you should see the lunch meat...three slices stuck together are still see-through.  Suddenly it seems that everything I eat is thin.  Hmmm.  Could it be that simple?  Eat smaller versions of what you like and the pounds will drop off?  What an epiphany!  Why didn't figure this out a long time ago?

No comments:

Post a Comment